A BIT ABOUT ME…
I’m a 30-something Northerner, living in South East London with my wife. Most of the time I’m working as a digital strategist. When I’m not doing that I’m probably trying to write, watching documentaries, reading, or listening to music.
I’m a strategist at a digital agency called TH_NK, based in Clerkenwell.
If you want to see the full CV there’s one right here or there’s always LinkedIn. You can follow me on Twitter. For more substantial (but less frequent) stuff there’s the blog. Pictures live on Flickr, and there’s also some stuff to be found on Quora and Spotify.
Recently I’ve written about:
– Periscope, Meerkat and Facebook Messenger for Marketing online.
– Spotify’s new features for Campaign.
– Transmedia storytelling for Wired.
– Content marketing for Brand Republic.
– Netflix and the death of scheduled TV for Marketing Magazine.
– Sometimes I like writing articles about my love of slightly nerdy sci-fi shows.
I enjoy talking about what I do, and often get asked to speak around topics like content strategy, multiplatform projects, community management and social marketing. If you like to book me to speak at your event please email me with all the details.
Here’s a few places I’ve spoken at recently:
– The Drum’s 4 Minute Warning event about multiplatform experiences.
– Confab London’s Content Strategy conference talking about how communities shape content.
– The e-nnovation event in Poland about how we can engineer our products to react and adapt to their contexts.
– Spark in Monte Negro talking about ‘The Scary But Beautiful Things That Happen When Communities And Content Collide’.
– The DARE conference about how brands can learn to collaborate instead of control.
– Tecomm in Romania about how brands turn values into online behaviours.
I run Documentary Club with my good friend Laura. We organise occasional screenings of our favourite documentaries before chatting about them in a bar over a few drinks. It’s fun, you should definitely come to the next one.
Recently enjoyed (as of Jun 14)
– A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara. One of the best novels I’ve read in the past five years I think. Heartbreaking and exhilarating in equal turns. Just read it.
– The documentary Deep Web which takes a look at the rise of Silk Road and the trial of Ross Ulbricht. Made by Ted from Bill & Ted (and narrated by Bill/Keanu).
– Noah Baumbach’s feature While We’re Young. Flawed, but worth it for Naomi Watt’s performance alone.