A BIT ABOUT ME…
I’m Rob, and I’m the Director of Content & Community at a digital agency called TH_NK, based in Clerkenwell.
Previous to that I worked in publishing and I was a journalist. I started a blog called The Big Smoker a long time ago, and that later became Londonist. Later on I edited Yahoo News, and helped launch the website Qype (later bought by Yelp).
I co-run something called Documentary Club. The concept is pretty simple: we organise screenings of our favourite documentaries before chatting about them in a bar over a few drinks. It’s fun, you should definitely come to the next one.
I enjoy talking about what I do, and often get asked to speak around topics like content strategy, multiplatform projects, community management and social marketing. If you like to book me to speak at your event please email me with all the details.
Here’s a few places I’ve spoken at:
– The Drum’s 4 Minute Warning event about multiplatform experiences.
– Confab London’s Content Strategy conference talking about how communities shape content.
– The e-nnovation event in Poland about how we can engineer our products to react and adapt to their contexts.
– Spark in Monte Negro talking about ‘The Scary But Beautiful Things That Happen When Communities And Content Collide’.
– The DARE conference about how brands can learn to collaborate instead of control.
– Tecomm in Romania about how brands turn values into online behaviours.